Pollution Tolerant Trees And Shrub In Islamabad Written by faizn khan the university of Haripur
In order to improve the landscape and living environment of the Islamabad the traits like colour or blossom, shade, form or shape, scent and free from disease and nuisance are considered during the selection of trees and shrubs for given location. The following are the best choice of species for different green sites in Islamabad.
- Greenbelts – Trees: Siris (Albizia lebbek,) Jacaranda (Jacaranda mimosifolia), Sapium chinensis), Kachna (Buahinia variegate), Amatas (Casia fistula), Gul Nishter (Erithrina indica), Silver Oak (Grevilea robusta) Arjun, Ficus Pelicon (Ficus pelican), Sukh Chain, Dhak (Butea frondosa), Pear (Pyrus pasha), Plum Peaches (Prunus padus) Shrubs: Tecoma stans, Holmskiodia.
- Median Strips – Trees: -Gab, Alstonia, Amaltas, Kachnar, Largestromia, Stercolia, Brochicotton, Citrus, Washingtonia Palms.
- Shrubs: – Ficus hawi, Bougainvillea, Casia glauca, Plambago, Hypericum, Hamelia pattens, Jatropha, Erithrina blacki, Hibiscus, Psuedonia, Silvery, Duranta, Roses.
- Avenues – Chir pine, Jacoranda, Almltas, Kachnar, Fiddle wood, Kanak champa.
- Streets – Celtis, Arjun, Silver Oaks, Ficus Pelicon.
- Parks/Playfields – Ficus pelican, Sukh chain, Michelia, Hibisucs, Fics Green, Ficus hawi.
- Parking Areas – Bakain, Sukh Chain, Ficus Retusa, Bischofia.
- Nullahs – Salix, Poplar, Jaman, Arjun
- House Fronts – Alstonia, Plumaria Obtusa, Magnolia, Ponsitea, Ashok, Peaches, Moraya, Palms.
- Grills/Walls – Chlorodendron, Bougainvillea, Honey Suckle, Rangoon creeper, Bomentia, Tecoma grandi flora.
- Rockeries – Phoenix, Yucca, Agave, Asparagus, Cactus, Begonia, Juniper, Ruselia, Duranta, Iresine.
- Indoor – Aglaonema, Aucuba, Beaucarnea, Cladium, Coleus, Cycas, Dracaena, Dieffenbachia, Ficus benjmina, Pilea, Scheflera.
PRAYER OF TREE:
“I am the heat of your hearth on the cold winter nights. The friendly shade screening you from the summer sun, and my fruits are refreshing draughts quenching your thirst as you tourney on”. ” I am the beam that holds your house. The boras of your table. The bed on which you lie, and the timber that builds your boat”. ” I am the handle of your hoe, the door of your homestead, the wood of your cradle, and the shell of your coffin”. “I am the bread of kindness and the flower of beauty”. “Ye who pass by listen to my prayer; “Harm me not”
Like Islamabad other cities should also think to make their environment better. They should also be concerned about planting the species which make environment less polluted, less noisy and have aesthetic value. If administration is not doing there job we should plant trees ourselves to make better and healthy environment.
Read More :Dr. Firdous Talks To Journalists